Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Landscapes

Hello, from Central Texas.  Wow, we are having a glorious Sunday.  The pastures are beginning to show tinges of green after our rains.  Although the rains were not a drought buster, they were very welcome.  Below are my fantasy landscapes.  This is how I wish our country looked!

Creek During Summer, 2011.  Hanging at the Copper Shade Tree in Round Top, Tx.
framed to 26x30.
 I am a member of Studio Art Quilters Association which is a fabulous and creative group devoted to art quilts.  The Texas chapter was asked to decorate the walls of an exhibit at the Houston International Quilt Festival during November.  The quilts will all be 9x12 with a hanging sleeve attached.  Here are two of the three I will have at the display.

 Spring Flowing in Fall, 2011.
9x12 with hanging sleeve.

Autumn Morning, 2011.
9x12 with hanging sleeve.

5 comments:

  1. I love your colourful landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely landscapes. Your scarves are so elegant--love the idea of printing your own designs on fabrics. I used to live in Austin and loved it.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debbie. Just happened upon your blog. Your landscapes are lovely and I really liked your scarves. I also live on a farm, so I always like the nature photos. Hope you'll be blogging again soon.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! And isn't the small format fun to work in? I'll bet the exhibit in Houston was thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for a scarves with bluebonnet prints. Can you help me? I will be in Fredericksburg the on April 16 & 17.

    ReplyDelete